1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
Tortillas with minced meat and fresh salad.
2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
I always liked doing my homework. (… this sound slightly mad, I guess?)
3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
We didn’t have school lunches. But I really loved to go to Billa (local small supermarket) and get a roll with cheese or just a bottle of mineral water together with my friends from school. And then we would sit in the park or in the classroom or on the stairs and talk for an hour or two.
5. Is religion a crutch?
Depends on the believer. If religion makes people intolerant or unable to reason or gives them trouble to live their lives, it certainly is.
If religion helps people cope with their problems (like guilt, or dieing or finding peace), it is a good, helpful thing.
6. In your region, what is the “big” (most popular in the community or state) high school sport?
Austria isn’t really into high school sport. Maybe handball or soccer.
7. Do you consider yourself rich?
I’m good. Not rich, but not poor either.
8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
… I don’t know what CPR is. But I guess I’d manage b) and c) if necessary.
9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
B) Hip Hop
Waltz. Because I’m Viennese and I already can and I don’t want to learn any dances. 😛
10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
1: Know when to fall silent to avoid saying bullshit that will eventually break your neck.
2: The people and institutions surrounding you change you.
3:I tend to be terribly lucky.
12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
Breaking Benjamin’s „Blow me away“. The line that never leaves me is „I will stay in the mess I made… Only the strongest will survive, lead me to heaven when I die. I’ll be the shadow on the wall, I’ll be the one to safe us all“.
(But there are so many songs with lyrics that never leave you.)